An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Account Handler to come and join our expanding team.
Job Description & Overall objectives for the role: –
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Account Handler to come and join our expanding team. Within this role you will be exposed to all manner of Commercial clients from a variety of backgrounds both as new business enquiries via our website and as renewals for existing clients.
Full training will be given and as a Chartered Insurance Broker, we will encourage you to take relevant qualifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that you follow the firm’s systems and procedures at all times, in accordance with the firm’s procedures manual.
• Ensure that you follow the firm’s compliance and procedures at all times, in accordance with the firm’s compliance manual.
• Respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contacts are accurately recorded, in accordance with the firm’s procedures manual.
• Review proposals and make recommendations for insurance based on information gathered from the customer.
• Deal with new business and renewals and Mid Term Adjustments and ensure that the back-office system is kept up to date with the relevant financial transactions.
• Deal with mid-term policy queries and issue endorsements where appropriate.
• Deal with telephone & internet enquiries promptly referring the query to the appropriate person when the enquiry falls outside own knowledge and experience.
• Undertake general administration.
• Issue renewal invitations
• Manage individual diary system
• Commercial Lines products: Commercial Packaged products, Combined products, Liabilities.
• Financial Lines Products: Professional Indemnity insurance, Management Liability Insurance
• Commercial Claims: General Claims management and FNOL recording.
• Be able to liaise with colleagues and work supportively and jointly when appropriate.
• Be able to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers and contacts.
• Be able to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports to meet business needs.
• Demonstrate confident and effective telephone skills.
• Use good interpersonal skills, including questioning and listening.
• Use judgement and experience of insurance matters to know when to seek help and advice from a supervisor or other senior colleagues.
• Be able to prioritise and organise own workload.
• Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines when required.
Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org