Why choose Hensure for PI insurance
Our business is not a call centre, but instead provides a personal service and dedicated team to assist with your queries.
Our team has a wealth of experience and knowledge to help you and your business get the most appropriate cover for your needs.
Our full 24/7 quote and buy facility allows you to run a personalised quotation, at a time that suits you and your business.
Why should you have professional indemnity insurance for Computer Training Consultants?
As Computer Training Consultants you will be responsible for delivering advice to your clients which will often cause a significant impact on their business.
If your clients feels that the training you provided was not up to standard, or results in a financial loss, then they can make a claim against you.
Professional Indemnity insurance for Computer Training Consultants provides you with financial protection for the cost of your legal fees to defend your claim, as well as any compensation that you may be required to pay.
It is important to carry PI insurance, as mistakes can be costly, as can the legal fees that are incurred in the defence of such claims. It is therefore prudent to carry a sufficient limit of professional indemnity cover.
Whilst the limit of indemnity that you require under your policy is generally for you to decide based upon your own assessment of the exposures that your business faces, it is worth considering that the costs involved in defending a PI claim can be astronomical. It could also be that your client insists on you having a certain level of cover as part of the tendering process, so the decision may be taken out of your hands.
If you require more information or advice on professional indemnity insurance for computer training consultants then please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team today.
- Company Size – the overall size of the firm, based on gross annual income of the company and the number of partners/ directors/ employees.
- Qualifications and Experience – insurers will want to know how many relevant years’ experience that you have in the trade and may want to see relevant CVs.
- Type of Work – insurers will want to know the split of annual income derived from each discipline that the firm is involved in; some areas are considered high risk and some areas are considered low risk from a claims point of view.
- Claims Experience – this information reflects on the type of work carried out by a company. It also reflects the quality of the company’s work, experience, staff & internal risk management.
- Turnover Split by Territory – a large exposure to USA/Canada in particular can be perceived as a problem due to the claims culture in North America and the likely costs involved in defending negligence claims in those countries.
A typical Professional Indemnity Insurance policy for Computer Training Consultants will normally cover the following areas:
- Breach of Civil Liability
- Negligent act, error or omission
- Negligence of sub-contractors
- Irrecoverable fees
- Rectification and loss mitigation costs
- Bodily injury or property damage arising from breach of professional duty
- Defence costs
- Unintentional intellectual property rights infringement (other than patents)
- Unintentional breach of confidentiality
- Unintentional defamation
- Loss of third-party documents or data
- Computer virus transmission
- Court attendance costs
Your policy coverage may vary between insurer.
- Professional Indemnity provides cover for claims that arise as a result of the work you have completed or advice you have given.
- Public Liability provides cover should members of the public receive an injury or property damage due to your work. This protects your business should a compensation claim be made, also covering any legal costs that result from this.
- Employers’ Liability provides cover for compensation claims and associated legal costs, arising from employee injury or work-related illness.
- Cyber Insurance provides support in the event of cyber-crime and unintentional data breaches, offering cover against the cost of revenue and fines.
Directors and Officers
- Directors and Officers insurance policies protect you financially against any claims that are made against you personally in your position as a director, partner or officer of your business.
Legal expenses insurance
- If you were involved in a legal battle, knowing that any money you spend on legal bills would be reimbursed could make all the difference. Legal expenses insurance does just that. It ensures that your business remains financially stable after a legal case by helping to compensate the business for incurred costs.
Contact us to find out more about the right cover for your business.