Professional Indemnity InsurancePublic & employers liability insuranceInjury and incapacity benefit insuranceDirectors & officers liability insuranceGeneral office insuranceShops / retail insuranceInsurance for property ownersBespoke business insuranceContact works coverBlog

Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance

Personal accident and sickness insurance, Injury and incapacity benefit insurance

As an employer would you be able to continue to pay an employee’s salary if they are off work due to an accident and/or illness?

If you are self employed where would your money come from if you were not able to work? How would you continue to pay your mortgage and other household bills without a regular income?

personal accident and sickness insuranceBy taking out personal accident and sickness insurance this could help to provide an income to meet some of these costs in the event of accident or sickness.

Personal accident (and sickness) insurance provides cover:

In respect of accidental bodily injury resulting in:

  • Death.
  • Loss of eye(s)/limb(s)/ speech/hearing.
  • Permanent total disablement from your usual occupation.

In respect of accident and/or illness:

  • Temporary total disablement from your usual occupation payable for a maximum of 104 weeks following the first 7 or 14 days of disablement depending on your occupation.

Personal accident and sickness insurance is a very flexible product and the main thing that you will need to consider is the amount of benefit that you will require each week. The level of benefit that you choose will determine the cost of the policy. Weekly payouts for temporary total disablement depend on the level of cover chosen. Policies can be extended to include sickness cover for an additional premium.

Key Points

  • Provides a regular income if you are unable to work due to accident or sickness.

  • Flexible product where cover can be tailored to meet individual's needs.

  Copyright © Hensure | Terms & Conditions | Terms of Business | Privacy Hensure is a trading name of RK Henshall & Co Ltd. RK Henshall & Co Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration Number: 308865. Written quotations, policy terms, conditions and exclusions are available on request.